Mr Raju Shrestha
Mechanical Engineer Since 1998 (Powerhouse Mechanical - Hydropower & Hydro-Mechanical)
He is Master of Science by Research – 2010 and Bachelor in Engineering – 1998 in Mechanical Engineering, Kathmandu University, Kavre, Nepal.
He is a Mechanical Engineer – Hydropower; in the field academic, industry and project management representing client, contractor and consultant. He was involved in various projects and Plants related to Hydropower, Water Supply and Waste Water Treatment for study, component / system design & drawing, project development, rehabilitation and research.
He got work experience in different countries as Nepal, Norway, Namibia, Kuwait, China and Afghanistan.
His Project and Job History
Team Leader, Naghlu Hydropower Rehabilitation Project- 100 MW, 100 m Dam, Afghanistan Feb 2018 – Dec 2018
Mechanical Engineer, Rasuwagadhi Hydroelectric Project-111 MW, Nepal Feb 2016 – Jan 2018
Mechanical Engineer, Melamchi Water Supply Project – 6 m3/s discharge, Nepal July 2015 – Feb 2016
Mechanical Engineer, Neckartal Dam Project- 80 m Dam, Namibia Jan 2015 – Apr 2015
Mechanical Engineer, Upper Tamakoshi Hydroelectric Project- 456 MW, Nepal Nov 2014 – Nov 2014
Mechanical Engineer, Middle Bhotekoshi Hydro Electric Project- 102 MW, Nepal Jul 2011 – Oct 2013
Project Manager, Turbine Testing Laboratory, Kathmandu University- 300 kW. Nepal Jul 2009 – Jul 2011
Manager Engineering Services, Norvic International Hospital, Kathmandu Nepal Jan 2009 – Jun 2009
Mechanical Engineer, KCC Engineering & Contracting Co, Kuwait May 2008 – Jul 2008
Sr. Mechanical Engineer, Nepal Hydro & Electric Limited, Nepal Dec 2006 – Apr 2008
Teaching Faculty & Master Student, Kathmandu University. Kavre, Nepal Jul 2002 – Nov 2006
- Thermodynamic Efficiency Measurement according to IEC 41 in Jhimruk Power Plant, Khimti 1 Hydropower plant, Andhi Khola Power plant in Nepal
- And Ulvik Power plant, HØydal Power plant in Norway
- Efficiency measurements of a centrifugal pump as a turbine, Measurements of Friction losses in pipes, Flow rate measurements and calibration, Efficiency measurements of Francis model turbine in Water Power laboratory, Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU), Trondheim, Norway
Mechanical Engineer, Nepal Hydro & Electric Limited, Nepal Jun 2000 – Nov 2001
- Drawing and installation of Nyshar MHP (30 kW) in Tibet, China
- Nuplung MHP (20 kW) rehabilitation Project in Tibet, China
Mechanical Engineer, Balaju Yantra Shala P. Ltd., Kathmandu, Nepal Nov 1998 – May 2000