Rasuwa Gadhi Hydroelectric Project (111 MW), Nepal
The DCS did the Hydraulic Modelling of Headworks of Rasuwa Gadhi Hydroelectric Project (111 MW). This includes the verification of current headworks design and work performance of the settling basin/Desander with flushing system currently proposed. For this project SMEC is the International consultant and China International Water and Electric Corporation is the contractor. The work is under CWE for the contractor. This Hydraulic model includes the Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) works to verify the current deign parameters.
Some of the snaps taken from the same simulation has been included here; the snaps indicate the headworks water level and flow pattern during the high floods.
Following activities are included as responsibility for the DCS;
- Flow regime of the headworks during high floods (Landslide at headworks)
- Hydraulic behaviour of Under sluice & Spillway stilling basin
- Intake flow behaviour with normal & high floods operation
- Verification of Desander and its efficiency
- Design of flushing system