Rasuwagadhi Hydroelectric Project (111 MW), Nepal
DCS performed hydraulic modelling of headworks of Rasuwagadhi Hydroelectric Project (111 MW). This includes the verification of current headworks design and work performance of the settling basin/Desander with flushing system currently proposed. This hydraulic model included the Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) works to verify the current deign parameters.
Scope of Services: DCS has performed following activities during modelling:
- Flow regime of the headworks during high floods (Landslide at headworks)
- Hydraulic behaviour of Under sluice & Spillway stilling basin
- Intake flow behaviour with normal & high floods operation
- Verification of Desander and its efficiency
- Design of flushing system
The CFD – Flow 3D is becoming a widely used tool for hydraulic structures like dam and spillways. DCS believes that this is the first instance in Nepal wherein CFD modelling using Flow 3D has been performed for hydraulic structures.
Client: China International Water and Electric Corporation (EPC Contractor)
Design Review Consultant: SMEC International Pty Ltd, Australia
Developer: Rasuwagadhi Hydropower Company Limited, Maharajgunj, Kathmandu, Nepal